What kind of complaint can you lodge with the Federal Ombudsman?

quel type de réclamation est traité par la médiateur fédéral

Please note: Your complaint must concern a federal administrative authority. 

For example:

  • A contention with the tax authorities
  • The allocation, refusal or loss of a social benefit (family allowances, unemployment benefits, benefits for persons with disabilities) 
  • A problem concerning the registration of your vehicle 
  • A refusal of your right to visit a detainee 
  • The extension of your residence permit 
  • A disagreement concerning your career in a federal administrative authority

For other examples of complaints, click here.

In case of doubt, send an email to contact@federalombudsman.be or call, free phone 0800 99 962.